Become a WMDA member
With more than 700 members, the WMDA is a large global member organisation, that caters all registries, many cord blood banks, donor centres and physicians with an interest in donor care. This webpage allows you to apply for WMDA membership or to register to perform searches in the Search & Match Service (BMDW). Choose which of the type of membership fits best for you.
Pathway of membership for registries/cord blood banks/donor centres
- Apply for regular membership if your organisation is listing donors/cord blood units in the Search & Match Service and has provided at least one haematopoietic stem cell product or cord blood unit internationally for unrelated haematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the past three years or two haematopoietic stem cell products or cord blood units nationally.
- Apply for provisional membership if your organisation would like to start with listing donors/cord blood units in the Search & Match Service or if your organisation is listing donors/cord blood units through another organisation (for example: donor centre/cord blood bank).
- Apply for aspirant membership if your organisation is in the process of starting up a registry and is not yet listing donors/cord blood units internationally for search.
Register staff members as WMDA member (only for WMDA regular and provisional member organisations)
- Apply for WMDA registry member if you would like to register one of your staff members as WMDA registered member. A WMDA registered member can get access to the Search & Match Service (if needed) and will automatically get access to WMDA Share.
If you are a healthcare professional not working in a WMDA member registry
- Apply for WMDA service membership and indicate if you also would like to search for patients in our Search & Match Service (BMDW).
Select your option in the menu or below in the list and choose your membership.