Vacancies at WMDA
WMDA is an active and unique association. WMDA envisions to find the best suitable stem cell source by connecting healthcare professionals worldwide, supporting their career development, harmonising education and promoting the interests of volunteer donors in the global arena. WMDA is governed by a board and its committees, which are supported by the executive WMDA office located in Leiden. An international team of 11 staff members works in a dynamic, results-driven and open environment and takes pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
Join WMDA as Full Stack Developer!
Does a job in the Non-Profit sector, working with a small international team, in an open and unbiased culture tick your boxes? Join us as Full Stack Developer
The Job – Full Stack Developer
Approximately 2/3 of your time is spent on Scrum based, Full Stack development renewing, extending and maintaining our application landscape. Innovation for the worldwide community is key in our approach and requires your special interest and attention. WMDA-IT is currently transitioning towards a cloud native environment with (Bus)DevOps using the latest technologies (PWA, serverless computing, no/low code solutions, DevOps, CI/CD, Microservices, Machine Learning etc). The remaining time is spent on professionalisation, support and maintenance of our community (in a variety of programming languages). You participate in international projects from scoping, requirements gathering through implementation and standardisation. We trust you take initiatives that help our growing organisation move forward and solve problems, while we give you a lot of freedom to do so in a “family” oriented setting.
Working in our team
We promote global collaboration and the sharing of best practices for our members (for example doctors, researchers, donor recruiters) and also encourage ourselves, and you, to do the same. You will be challenged, trusted, be responsible and appreciated in our informal organisation. We will learn from you and you will learn from us.
Are you the one? Send your CV to HR@wmda.info:
- Have 4+ years of experience in designing, building and managing multiple complex applications preferably using PostgreSQL, Python (Django), PHP (Laravel) and/or C#/.NET Core development in an Azure cloud environment
- Want to take ownership of support problems and being proactive when dealing with issues.
- Know SOLID inside out, love architectural challenges, prefers test driven approach, working SCRUM based and enjoys translating user requirements into high quality coded solutions.
- Haven an excellent command of the English language and preferable one or more other
- Have a European work permit and live (or want to relocate) within a 70 kilometres radius of Leiden.
- You are open to all cultures.
What else do we have to offer?
The opportunity to work with people from all over the world, from participating member organisations, in project groups, being involved in the development process of software solutions. An office within 5 minutes walking distance from Leiden Central station. Opportunity for growth, own initiative and fun in a growing organisation. Team membership of a small core team in the Netherlands (10+ FTE) extended with community involvement and a lot of interesting challenges to work on.
Please note that acquisition is not appreciated. This vacancy is open to people with an EU-work permit only.