Governance: ‘Search, Match & Connect’
WMDA has established a board committee to oversee the registry operation and automation processes. This committee works towards maximising the availability, quality, safety and cost effectiveness of hematopoietic stem cells around the world by maintaining and developing strong collaboration between organisations that list and search for unrelated donors and umbilical cord blood units.
The board committee is supported by the following groups:
- The Bioinformatics Committee validates bioinformatics methods and tools for HLA analysis, provides bioinformatics resources and advices on the development of donor-patient matching
- The Security and Data Protection Committee ensures that personal and healthcare data remains appropriately secure and private and in conformance with the standards provided by the appropriate regulatory bodies
- The EMDIS user and technical group
- The Data Dictionary Committee defines the data dictionary to be used for international exchange of data
- The Search & Match Service (users and operations) monitors and develops the Search & Match Service of WMDA