Search & Match Service
The Search & Match Service is a global database of life-saving donors. Operated by WMDA, it provides a fast preliminary search facility to find the best matched donor or cord blood unit in the world for a patient in need of a blood stem cell transplant.
In a glance
- Primary source of all haematopoietic stem cell donors and cord blood units worldwide.
- Lists over 30 million of donors and cord blood units from 54 countries.
- Allows the opportunity to find a donor as quickly as possible by providing:
- user-friendly interface and functionalities;
- probability matching for each donor/cord powered by OptiMatch; and
- additional information on each donor and cord blood unit (if provided by the listing organisation).
Connect to the Search & Match Service, find out more: